- The signature spice blend of Palestine, delicious on tomatoes, meat, fish, eggs, and labne cheese.
- Organic thyme grown near Nablus by 22 women farmers on small plots is picked, meticulously cleaned and dried.
- Za'atar is thyme blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac and a touch of salt. Ours is processed by a PFTA women-owned cooperative in Al-Jalama.
- Olive oil, za'atar and fresh-baked bread is the daily breakfast in Palestine.
- Za'atar keeps indefinitely refrigerated or frozen.
Quantity/Size: 65g box in case of 12, ships from NJ
Flame-roasted Freekeh - now certified organic
- Freekeh is the traditional flame-roasted green wheat of Palestine.
- It cooks up firm and chewy and is filling with a distinct earthy taste and subtle smokiness.
- Freekeh has three times the fiber of brown rice plus more vitamins and minerals.
- Green wheat is harvested in spring, sun dried and flame roasted, then rubbed and cracked.
Quantity/Size: 250 gram box, case of 12
Organic Maftoul (couscous)
- Authentic Palestinian couscous hand rolled with whole wheat flour,
Wholesome flavor and firm texture, totally unlike any couscous you have tried before.
Our women-owned cooperatives begin with organic wheat that is boiled, sun-dried and cracked, hand rolling it in ground whole wheat flour, then steaming and sun drying it.
Quantity/Size: 250g box in case of 12