CANAAN MARKETS CERTIFIED ORGANIC, CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE OLIVE OIL AND OTHER DELICACIES FROM PALESTINE.
ISO22000 certification for Food Safety Management System
Independent 3rd Party Fair Trade Inspections and Certifications:
- FAIR TRADE Canaan certificate - IMO (Nr. 26350-SFT)
- FAIR TRADE Canaan certificate - FLO (Nr. 20395)
- FAIR TRADE Canaan certificate - Naturland (Fair 10035)
- Canaan’s Fair Trade Practices in Detail
- USDA ORGANIC certificate (Nr. 26350 - NOP)
- EEC ORGANIC certificate - Europe (Nr. 26350)
- JAS ORGANIC certificate - Japan (Nr. 26350)
- NATURLAND ORGANIC certificate (Nr. 21030)
- FAIR TRADE FEDERATION (USA) membership
- GREEN AMERICA membership
- Specialty Food Association (NASFT) membership
To learn more about each of these certification organizations, please click on the certification logos at the bottom of this web page, and to learn more about the concept of fair trade certification, visit the Fair World Project.
Non GMO statement:
Canaan Fair Trade does not allow GMO products. We work with plant varieties that are indigenous to their local ecosystem and that have shown sustainability in their settings over time. Canaan works with farmers to protect these varieties and help give them an edge over GMO varieties in yield and value in the market place:
- We are initiating an Indigenous varieties seed bank at CORE.
- We graft proven tree varieties on wild original species roots systems.
- We make difference in value to our fair trade farmers with their commitment to sustainable varieties versus those who choose the "improved" varieties coming from Agri suppliers.